Dr. Suresh Rao
DR. SURESH RAO
MD, DM, DNB, FASN, SCE.
Consultant Nephrologist &
Renal Transplant Physician
- He pursued MD (Internal Medicine) from SMS Medical College, Jaipur and went on to complete DM Nephrology from IKDRC/ITS, B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad.
- He is a Fellow of American Society of Nephrology
- He is also Diplomat of National Board of Nephrology
- Completed PGDHHM from IGNOU
- He has published and presented his research work in National and International Journals & Conferences.
He has wide experience and interest in Management of –
- Hypertension related kidney problems
- Glomerular disease
- Childhood kidney diseases
- Kidney transplantation
- Diabetes related kidney problems
- Pregnancy related kidney problems
- Peritoneal dialysis and its modalities
- Interventions Nephrology
- Young scientist award by the ISODP, The Transplantation Society 2015 at Seoul, korea.
- B N Khurshedji Award by the Indian Society of Nephrology west zone
- Attitude and awareness towards organ donation in western India. Balwani MR1, Gumber MR, Shah PR, Kute VB, Patel HV, Engineer DP, Gera DN, Godhani U, Shah M, Trivedi HL. Ren Fail. 2015 Feb 6:1-7
- Biopsy in native kidney diseases Manish R. Balwani, Charulata Bawankule, Swati Vakil, Rajashri Yadav, Nilima Ambade, Aparna Manjarkhede, Shilpa Pandhare, Himanshu Patel, Vivek B. Kute Clinical Queries: Nephrology, Available online 17 February 2016.
- Clinical profle of kidney involvement preceding diagnosis of multiple myeloma; a single center experience. Balwani MR, GumberMR, Shah PR, Kute VB, Patel HV, Engineer DP, et al J Nephropharmacol. 2016; 5(2): 98–101
- Awareness and beliefs towards organ donation in chronic kidney disease patients in western India. Balwani MR, Kute VB, Patel P, Shah PR, Goswami J, Ghule P, et al. J Nephropharmacol. 2015; 4(2): 57–60.
- Secondary renal amyloidosis in a patient of pulmonary tuberculosis and common variable immunodeficiency . Balwani MR, Kute VB, Shah PR, Wakhare P, Trivedi HL.. J Nephropharmacol. 2015; 4(2): 69–71
- Manifestation of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria as repeated acute kidney injury. Balwani MR, Kute VB, Shah PR, Shah M, Varyani U, Trivedi HL. J Nephropharmacol. 2016; 5(2): 116–118.
- Hepatitis B viremia manifesting as polyarteritis nodosa and secondary membranous nephropathy Balwani MR, Kute VB, Shah PR, Shah M, Shinde SG, Shah J, et al J Nephropharmacol. 2016; 5(2): 119–121.
- An unusual cause of renal failure; Epstein syndrome. Balwani MR, Engineer DP, Gumber MR, Kute VB, Singh R, Patel HV, et al J Nephropharmacol. 2016; 5(1): 63–65.
An unusual presentation of LCAT deficiency as nephrotic syndrome with normal serum HDL-C level. Balwani MR, Ghodela VA, Kute VB, Shah PR, Patel HV, Gera DN, et al.. J Nephropharmacol. 2016;5(1):x-x.
- Successful three-way kidney paired donation with compatible pairs to increase donor pool. Kute VB, Vanikar AV, Gumber MR, Shah PR, Patel HV, Engineer DP, Balwani MR, Gautam RS, Gera DN, Modi PR, Shah VR, Trivedi HL.Ren Fail. 2014 Apr;36(3):447-50.
- Meningioma in long-term survivor after renal transplantation. Kute VB, Patel HV, Vanikar AV, Shah PR, Gumber MR, Balwani MR, Trivedi HL.Indian J Nephrol. 2013 Sep;23(5):393-4. doi: 10.4103/0971-4065.116338.
International Poster Prsentations
- Response To Use Of CNI In Steroid Resistant And Frequently Relapsing Nephrotic Syndrome In Western India, ISN BERLIN 2016
- Low Dose Cyclophosphamide As An Induction Agent In Proliferative Lupus Nephritis Patients In Central India – An Affordable & Viable Option, ISN BERLIN 2016
- Serum Cystatin C Is Superior To Serum Creatinine For Early Detection Of Periprocedural Contrast Induced Nephropathy, ISN SHENZHEN 2015
National Poster Prsentations
- TRANSPLANTATION UPDATE 2012, 2013 and 2015, AHMEDABAD, INDIA
- ISN-WEST ZONE, NASHIK, INDIA 2015
- ISN KOLKATA, 2015
- Founding member of the Kidney Transplant Programme which started at Government Medical College & superspeciality hospital, Nagpur.